Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Using Nessus Course
We are excited to announce that SANS is partnering with Tenable Network Security to bring you “Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Techniques Using Nessus” as part of the SANS Hosted Series of courses. This class is part of a brand new series of vendor specific classes SANS is offering to compliment your needs for training outside of SANS vendor neutral courses.
"Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Techniques Using Nessus" uses a real-world scenario to demonstrate how advanced vulnerability scanning helps to solve problems in an example work environment. We will be running this course in collaboration with The SANS Institute at SANS Network Security Las Vegas 2011 from September 17-18. Instructor Paul Asadoorian will walk you through a comprehensive look at Nessus and all of its advanced features including web application scanning, the Nessus API, creating .audit files and more!
Unlike any Nessus course you’ve taken before, this course uses role playing and real-world scenarios to challenge and enhance your vulnerability scanning skills. Imagine this:
- You are a new security engineer in a financial company
- You must configure and audit a network fraught with vulnerabilities, false positives, breaches and attacks
- The company is in jeopardy of being fined due to compliance violations
- An upgrade from the old system must be performed
- Your task is to take all these variables into consideration and bring the company back into a status of compliance, security and safety.
You will learn how to combat these real-world scenarios on a sample system that mirrors what would be used in production, right down to the passwords and configuration.
You can sign up for the SANS Las Vegas course offering using SANS registration site. Hope to see you there!